Saturday, March 26, 2011

Textually Speaking

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up...


A little after 11:00pm last night my cell phone lights up and the sound of Heather Morris's take on the Ke$ha song makes me jump in the quiet of my office.

hey beautiful

I stared at the text for a few minutes before entering a reply.  If it had been from anyone other than Dan, I would have totally labeled it a booty call based solely on the time stamp.  The fact Dan was texting me from Europe made me a little more confident that he may be interested in more than just sex.  Well, that and the little issue of Dan seeming to be immune to my charm.

What's up? Absorbing all kinds of good food, culture and beautiful scenery while I sit alone in the frozen tundra?  I purposefully kept my reply light.

i heard that it has been in the 50's and 60's there


Lies.  You need to find more reliable sources.  I spent the whole day trying to dig out from under 6 feet of snow.  Humor is a good cover when you aren't sure what in the hell you are doing or where things are going.

funny the channel 4 website spelled snow as s-u-n

I've been foiled by the interwebz once again.  Damn those tubes!  I added a cute little smiley face to this message because I was smiling.  And this is why I like him; the rapport and easy conversation.

i miss you

I waffled on my response.  I haven't played this game for quite some time.  Is it time to guard my hand or show a couple of cards?  Be coy or be transparent?  Screw it.  I'm too old for the games.  I miss you too.


my plane comes in saturday night what are you doing?


Birthday party for son's best friend.  Besides you will need to recover from jet lag, not smart to go out.  Okay, so a bit of an exaggeration, the party is in the afternoon.  I could do an evening date, but it's still a little early to be that accommodating.

hell with jet lag i want to see you.  sunday?

He's never been this open and, while I appreciate guys who play things close to the vest, I like this turn of events.  I'll see his wager and raise him one.  Want to come over then?  I'll cook.

now that is an offer i cant refuse


I'll see you at six :-)


make it 5

1 comment:

NPO said...

Someone is thinking about something more than cooking, I just don't know if it's you or him?