Sunday, November 21, 2010

"The Exception"

I think I'm in love.

Scratch that.

I know I'm in love.  He has a litany of fantastic attributes such as thoughtful, charming, successful, funny and heroic, but the most important is that he follows through.  If you ask him to do something he will move heaven and earth to accomplish whatever task for you.  And do so quickly.

Do you feel the "but" coming on?  There has to be a "but" or else this would be entirely too much of a sugary sweet post for my taste and end in a diabetic coma.

If he were a superhero his name would be "The Exception".  He is absolutely perfect for me... except:
  • He's old enough to be my father.  I like older men and all, but even I have my limits.
  • He's happily married.  As in completely head-over-heels in love with his wife.  This would be another one of his adorable traits.  After all I've gone through with the ex, I admire men who love their wives whole-heartedly.
  • He's one of my patients and I'm all about ethics so that just won't work out.
The reality is I think the world of him in a totally platonic way.  If I ever permanently leave this office, I'd definitely be staying in touch with him simply because he is a great friend, makes me laugh no matter what else is going on and he has done a lot to help me recently. 

In a funny little twist of fate, he is a high ranking military officer (who is, literally, a hero that served in Iraq and Afghanistan).  Since it seems like military guys are making a strong presence in my life lately, maybe I just need to troll bases for my next husband. ;-)

No comments: